This is the best desert in a long time. Still healthy, even paleo if you want or need it to be. It’s sweet without the fake sickeningly sweet, and oh man if you use cacao instead of cocoa, you make it superfood worthy!
See? Looks just like regular chocolate pudding! You can’t taste the avocado, it just adds a really nice creaminess. And of course it adds some nice nutritional benefits as well, like lots of good, healthy fats. Dessert without the guilt.
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons honey for Paleo diet OR 2 Tablespoons agave nectar for vegans
- 6 Tablespoons almond milk
- optional: pistachios or other nut for topping
- Cut open the avocado and scoop out the pit. Cut it into large chunks and put in the blender.
- Add the cocoa, honey or agave, and almond milk. Blend, starting on low and then moving to high speed until it is smooth.
- If the avocado is larger, you will need a bit more of each ingredient. If it is too thick, drizzle in a bit more almond milk. Add more cocoa or honey or agave to taste.
- Refrigerate the pudding and serve cold. Top with pistachios or other nuts. Enjoy!