I know everyone is looking forward to Thanksgiving so I figured I might as well make this food week! In general I’m looking at recipes that aren’t horrible to make, somewhat healthy but something you might still want to eat!
Bacon, Sweet Potato, Sausage Frittata—-wow.
- ½ pound bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 small sweet potato or yam, diced into small cubes
- ½ pound italian sausage (or other ground meat)
- 8 eggs, whisked
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place bacon in a large cast iron skillet or in an oven safe sauté pan. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat as necessary, leaving behind 3-4 tablespoons.
- Add sweet potato, coat in bacon fat and let cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add italian sausage to the pan with the potatoes, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until no pink remains.
- Once sausage is cooked through, remove pan from heat to let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Once pan has cooled, pour in eggs and add the bacon on top of the sausage and potatoes. Mix well to evenly distribute the eggs around the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked in the middle of the pan.