Thanks to PaleOMG for the recipe and Stephanie for all the recipe ideas that come from that site!
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins with Apple Cider Caramel
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup maple or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 apple, cored and diced (I used a pink lady apple)
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the streusel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and powder, apple pie spice, salt and apple.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into 10 muffin tins (I used a silicone muffin liner).
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the streusel. Add about ½-1 teaspoon of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While muffins are baking, make apple cider caramel.
- Let cool slightly before removing from silicone liner. Top each muffin with caramel